The Versatile Blogger Award
I am delighted and massively surprised that my little blog Big Hungry Gnomes received The Versatile Blogger Award. I think my favourite aspect of blogging is getting involved with a whole community of food lovers. Even though I’ve only had Big Hungry Gnomes for a few months, I’m already obsessed with reading food posts and getting fantastic inspiration. I really appreciate receiving compliments for my recipes from members of this brilliant food community and I’m so grateful for being nominated for this award.
This award comes from Mira Goes to Market, who is aiming to travel the world, one market at a time. Her beautifully written posts give a sense of what it’s like to be in the middle of the vibrant La Boqueria market in Barcelona, together with telling the history of the roving markets of Paris and giving you a recipe for Vietnamese Beef Pho, inspired by the street markets of Hanoi. If you feel like traveling without even having to leave you computer screen, check out her amazing blog.
I have also recieved a second nomination for the Versatile Blogger Award from The Tasty Thumb, who gets my ‘tasty thumbs up’ seal of approval from me for his wonderful food blog. If you’re after some delicious and simple ideas for a tasty dinner, perhaps with a little South Carolinan kick, then this is the blog for you.
As a reward for being nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award, I get the very difficult task of nominating fifteen inspiring and awesome blogs to recieve the award. After lots of consideration, my fifteen (in no particular order) are
Together with getting to nominate these fifteen fantastic blogs, as part of my Versatile Blogger Award, I also get to tell you seven facts about myself
- Since starting Big Hungry Gnomes, I have spent so much time reading food blogs that I have developed eye strain and now have to wear glasses
- The first thing I ever cooked was an apple layer cake, which I made when I was eight
- I cooked my first two course meal by myself when I was fourteen. It was roast chicken with a bread and butter pudding.
- I’m scared of mannequins and human statues
- I’m currently working my way through the Internet Movie Database’s Top 250 films and I have now watched one hundred and fifty of them
- At some point in my life, I am determined that I will live in Scotland and in Sweden.
- My favourite season is winter. I absolutely love cold winter mornings, when the sky is brilliantly blue and the ground is crisp with frost