Kreative Blogger Award
Despite the fact that I have had Big Hungry Gnomes since the start of this year, I am still hugely surprised every time I get complimented on one of my posts and I am even more amazed and massively grateful when someone nominates me for an award.
The amazement this time around is courtesy of Wendy after she nominated me for the Kreativ Blog Award. She was a fellow competitor in Movita Beaucoup’s Bake My Cake competition, where her beautiful triple chocolate cake came a very commendable second in one of the heats. Wendy’s blog, Chez Chloe, gives a wonderful taste of what it’s like to be a talented American cook living in Germany and comes with a massive recommendation from me.
As a reward for being nominated for the Kreative Blogger award, I get to nominate seven wonderful and inspiring blogs to receive the award and tell you seven interesting facts about myself. My seven nominations (in no particular order) are;
Every Craving (a fantastic food blog from a girl who, just like me, is desperate to turn a passion for cooking and baking into a career in food)
thelittleloaf (an inspired food blog giving stunning recipes for anything and everything you can imagine baking)
Home is where the Boat is (a lovely blog, featuring some gorgeous photographs, giving a sense of what it’s like to make your home alongside a beautiful lake)
Make, Do and Spend (a wonderfully eclectic blog packed with recipes, crafts and a vast collection of lovely photographs)
Cakes, Bakes and Cookies (a wonderful food blog providing great advice on anything baking, caking and decorating related)
Illustrated Bites (a brilliantly quirky food blog giving an artistic twist on delicious and simple recipes)
Cakes Individually Iced (an amazing blog from a real expert cake decorator, who makes the most incredible and inspirational individually designed cakes)
Now for my seven ‘interesting’ facts about myself
- The smell of rosemary always vividly reminds me of a holiday to Portugal I went on when I was about four, where we stayed at a friend’s house. She had three huge rosemary bushes growing along her garden path and every single time I smell rosemary, I feel like I’m back there, in the Mediterranean sunshine.
- My earliest memory is of eating the Paddington bear cake my mom made me for my third birthday.
- I love ginger.
- I have been working in a bakery for two weeks now. It was something I always dreamt of doing someday and I can’t believe that it’s even better than I had imagined.
- I slightly obsessed with owls and think they are absolutely adorable.
- Despite the lack of freedom and respect women received during the 1960s, I still partially wish I could be a glamorous housewife during that era.
- I tend to get so caught up in my sugar craft work that I don’t notice I’m wiping icing all over my clothes, and then head out in public looking like some sort of cake decorating disaster has happened to me.